Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Platinum Day of Love- contest

    The concentric circle of life involves birth and death, but inside it there is a big cycle of commitment – Marriage. Marriage is the evolution of the human civilization. Is marriage beneficial? Mutual? Are the couples happy about it?

When ever I raise these questions, I hear vivid answers. One day I asked my father the same and his reply caught me in surprise. He said “Why don’t you try it, by yourself?” To my father’s shock I too agreed and the quest of find an ideal partner started. I had the permission to fall in love, but some how it didn't happen, because when ever I met a person my judgment preceded and I never fell in love.


 So finally an alliance came through my relatives, the guy was a medical college professor. Their family background and his horoscope matched well. Everyone was happy about the proposal. Since we were from orthodox family, as per the tradition the guy’s family along with him, came to see me.


 It was like a tea party and, and I stood at the corner of the living room well aware of the fact that almost 20-pairs of eyes were staring at me. With great will power and mental strength I raised my eyes to have the glimpse of that guy. Alas! On every attempt I failed! I just observed he was wearing a navy blue formal pant and plain pale blue formal full shirt, and he didn’t even touch the snacks.  


All my high spirits were lowering, he is a professor, and he has come to see a girl in all formal! If I end up with him, will I have a carefree life?  It will be well discipline!! Do I want that?

A voice suddenly brought back me to reality, “I wanted to talk with you alone. Shall we?” the professor asked.  Wow! How come the professor is breaking the rules, he didn’t ask permission from my parents? May be, he is not that bad.

        --------------------------------------------------------------

ABAY-


It was spontaneous of me, I just asked the girl- Archana “I wanted to talk with you alone. Shall we?”
I was in search of a life partner, after having a doctorate, I believed in systematic process and perfect planning, than in love and affairs. Marriage is an important event where not only two people, but two families are tied along. So I wanted to plan and settle down well. But science it self is all about randomness!When my family and I attended a marriage, there a relative came up with a marriage proposal and without planning; we were forced to visit the alliance’s house.

In there house, after everyone settled, our parents started exchanging and updating their life’s events. The girl came by and did a traditional Namaste and took a seat near her father.  She was not shy and was well composed with acceptable fashion trends and beautiful. I tried to look at her in-between talks but could only see her tender hands decorated with few orange bangles; her nails where cleanly cut and didn’t have nail-polish. She was a simple girl with less decoration. It was a relief. But I wanted to see her and talk with her to accept her as a life-partner. I could say I didn't like her, nor I liked her.


My analytic mind couldn't come to a conclusion and like my involuntary heart action I popped asked her-I want to talk with you alone. Shall we? 


Archana took me to the backyard garden, the sun was setting for the day- it was twilight. She offered me a seat in the swing constructed under the mango-tree, and she stood near the tree trunk. She felt little shy to look at me. There was silence, only the chirping of birds was heard. My thoughts were racing with the winds.

Then we starred at each other, and …

Her round eyes behind the specs, communicated trust, passion, innocent..literally every thing that I experienced before and aroused few other emotions which was new to me.In my heart I knew, there is no come back from this fall.Is that her presence which made things around me pleasant and happy?The happy cries of birds coming home, the returning of the sun to his home, the nodding acquaintance of the tree to me! What did it all say?  Does the nature indicate that I found my souls home?

Time ticked by…

I made the first attempt to speak, but found my tongue was suddenly caught between the teeth, there was signaling error from brain to vocal cord which failed to communicate the thought aroused. As long as I looked into her eyes, I couldn’t be myself.


He took his eyes off from her and saw the sky and remarked.“Hi, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Abay.”


As I spoke, I fought the strong urge to look at her again. I realized that, where ever I gazed the beautiful flower, the green plants, magnificent tree, nothing was as lively or rejuvenating, as her expressive eyes were. Is this love at first sight?


No doubt! This is the best moment of my life; of course I want her beside me to have these moments everlasting. Does it really matter if I don’t know her? Will knowing her hobby, interest, qualification will change any of my desire to be with her? Shall I, tell her how she influencing me? How her first sight has evoked the subtle emotions in me? Shall I ask her to marry me? Will she think I am not-gentle or over reactive person? What does she think about me? Did I create a similar impact that I feel - at least the smallest of it in hers?


I asked “will you marry me? I like you very much! Do you like me?”


      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCHANA-

 I couldn’t react; it was like completely blank, my entire system was plugged off. Her heart skipped a beat. This fellow is certainly strange, just at the first meet he proposed me! How can he? Can he? Yes, he could. He did it right now.


But I was caught off warranted by my reflex; I just nodded my head in response!Oh what did I do? Did I do? Did I want to do?


But the professor never felt without a confirmatory test.

He asked “can you say it?”I nodded little too much and said “YES”.

People congratulated, they made plans to fix the wedding date and engagement date. I was neither excited nor unhappy.  I was not reacting at all; my brain and heart were frozen. I thought some thing went wrong with me. My engagement was fixed the very next Wednesday, as he had some abroad plans. I got ready for the event, customarily. But what was worrying me is my neutral reaction to these things. I was neither happy about it, nor exited. Is it common in arranged marriages? Or some thing wrong with me?The engagement day came. I dressed up in a red saree given by my future mom-in-law, and sat an inch way from him. The ritual went on and on, with video recording and cameras clicking.Suddenly he took my hand, I looked up at his eyes, and they were smiling with merry. I was dazzled. He took my hands? Why?


He had a shining white metal ring in his hands!Tears were falling from my eyes!


I thought this professor will be the least romantic person I ever know, but he turns out to be more than the bollywood heroes!


Then I hared a sweet voice singing besides me, when I turned around my world collapsed and I was paralyzed by the happiness. My heroic professor sang a song and proposed me again.


I was speechless ….


This feeling

I can't describe it 
Its in my heart, in my soul!

Its a feeling of warmness

Absolute happiness 
And I never want to lose it!


This feeling is like a;

Blooming flower, 
ray of hope,

And I never would have gained or understood it Without You!


Your eyes,

Your voice,
The Ring u gave me,
They all bring this feeling

And I think that the only name for this feeling

IS LOVE !

I wanted to tell all this to him, wanted to shout I love you...
but nothing came out expect;
tears of happiness,
tears of joy,
tears of finding love,
tears of falling in love.

His mesmerizing eyes conveyed me that he understood what I was struggling to say.


Abay holed my hands on his chest said, “This Platinum metal is the rarest and most precious thing in the earth. It is like you, who dwell in the core of my heart. What else can I gift you my love? Like the platinum metal, which rarely corrodes, we will love each other, without the influence of any materialistic factor. I wish to love you like this, even more than this....in every seconds of my life & these are not mere words it’s a promise from me.”


I gave my hand along with my heart to him. We exchanged the white platinum ring, with our names engraved in each others ring! It was the moment of my life!


Even after 10-years of happy married life, the strict professor still behaves like a romantic hero with me, who makes me fall in love with him again and again till our hearts beats!

I have never removed the platinum ring, form my finger, 

It will always stay there making my,
skin underneath to whiten,
and my loving heart pink!

Now I know what to pass, to my daughter, if at all she asks what marriage is, is it great?


It’s not the origin of river; it’s the perennial flow of the river that makes the land fertile.
It’s not the cosmic big bang but the constant energy that make the universe.
It’s not the birth, but living the designated time that make a life.
It’s not the love at first sight, it’s the commitment keeping that love forever makes the family.

25 comments:

  1. great story for the contest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jug Jug Jiyoo Archana! (one to one in worldly, one to all and all in one next)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you both :)

    Here is my little story http://www.sweetsharing.com/kismat-karma-a-little-kheer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Straight from heart! Beautiful story!
    All the best for the contest!
    Do read my entry too! :)
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=294364

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exhilarating! amazingly written.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good story kripa.

    Regards
    Arun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good love story :) your marriage life is 6 yrs i guess and not 10.. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely narration , let the love between you and your sweet heart keep blooming....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice. May you two be blessed!

    My love story is at http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=293795

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,Its a sweet love story and beautifully narrated. I am from PGI (Platinum Guild India). Congratulations, your story is been selected by us. We would like to know more about your story. So Kindly send me your contact details through email. Write your and your partners full Name, Contact Number.
    Send it to me on pavitra.1820@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful and wonderful piece of story.
    Hi, I am from PGI (Platinum Guild India). Congratulations, we have selected your story and would like to know more about your story. So Kindly send me your contact details through email. Write your and your partners full Name, Contact Number.
    Send it to me on pavitra.1820@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete